Monday, November 4, 2013

Ask and ye shall receive


I took yesterday off from training...Sunday is usually my day off and by Sunday night I feel energized and ready to get back in the gym. In my eagerness to get back in the gym, I texted my trainer and asked to amp up my training. After two killer workouts, I'm starting to think that I might be missing a few brain cells to ask for such a thing! I always used to make fun of people who made sound effects while they lifted weights, but this morning I was pushing myself so hard that I had no choice but to grunt as I pushed through my last few exercises. Extra motivation came when I was doing bag work and I managed to completely break the bag in half. It was already slightly split, but months of taking a beating from my shins and knees (others contributed, but it was my favorite bag!) left it vulnerable. Everything was caught on video and watching it boosted my confidence; I hit the bag a lot harder than I thought!

Tired as I was, it did feel good to push myself so hard and I had enough energy left to make it to training in the evening. Monday night's class is always a pretty tough strength and conditioning workout. We had a good turnout, and being in good company helped me push through the misery. I even managed to stay after the class and get through 18 minutes of sparring. My conditioning has definitely improved a great deal over the past few months and I feel more than ready for a fight! Although I don't have a date for one yet, my trainer is working hard to get me one and I have a feeling the time is coming soon. This is going to be a tough week of training, but the thought of getting in the ring is keeping my screaming muscles from giving out on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment