Monday, December 16, 2013

All I want for Christmas...

I've been neglecting my blog a little this month. December is a crazy month to begin with, and this year it's even crazier than usual. On the 7th, I went to the Tampa area to watch Tom (my sparring partner) fight. It was a crazy, albeit fun, road trip. Even though they had no opponent for me and I was dying to get in the cage, I made a few great contacts and got offered a fight January 11th! They have the opponent for me already. To top it off, I have about 6 other fights scheduled between January and March. It's odd...at Tom's fight I was so desperate that I was tempted to piss off any local woman my size and convince her to take it to the cage, but now I have so many options that I need to pick and choose my fights. All I wanted for Christmas was a fight...and I got my present already!

Tom won his fight and it helped motivate everyone to keep training hard. I have 4 weeks to go until my fight, and I feel more prepared than ever. Keeping a training log has been a great asset to me. My trainer was the one who recommended that I keep a log of my training- I keep track of which drills I do, and how much time I spend on them. It's also great because I make note of what I need to improve and what I feel good about. I've been averaging 6 hours in the gym every day, 6 days a week and I feel like it's made a huge difference! MMA has definitely become a part-time (even full-time) job for me. At least it's paying off, if only in a mental and physical manner.

This month should go by quickly! Christmas is fast approaching. On December 28th, there will be a great UFC fight. Ronda Rousey will take on Miesha Tate. Tate has already lost to Rousey, and they have a huge rivalry that only grew during this season of The Ultimate Fighter. As one of the most popular female MMA fighters, Rousey has done a lot for the sport and she has a tremendous amount of talent. Tate is also a great fighter, and I'm sure the rivalry has ignited a fire in her and she'll come out of the gate with guns blazing. The fight is only 2 weeks before mine, so it will definitely help to keep me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment